| Civic Meetings in London, ON, from Mon. Jan. 21 to Fri. Jan. 25
Thursday, January 24
9:00 a.m. Strategic Priorities and Policy Committee - Budget,
Council Chambers (live-streamed on the City of London's website)
12:15 p.m. Community Safety and Crime Prevention Committee,
Committee Room # 5
Friday, January 25
9:00 a.m. Strategic Priorities and Policy Committee – Budget, Council Chambers (live-streamed on the City of London's website)
Fincore's scheme for South Street lands hits another roadblock, LFP, Jan. 23
Phil McLeod's take on Coun. Dale Henderson's latest brainwave, TMR, Jan. 23
Fontana 8 lynchpin Coun. Dale Henderson's a non-stop idea machine, LCN, Jan. 23
Hello Coun. Dale Henderson: The City of London already administers a variety of "custodial accounts" to receive donations and issue tax receipts. In 2011, I paid $400 to have a red oak sapling planted in Labatt Park and subsequently received a tax receipt for $400.
Click on the above image to see how Dale Henderson's amazing mind works
And now for some 'good news' from the mayor, TMR, Jan. 23
JoFo all fluff, no substance, LFP, Jan. 22
JoFo serves up pep talk during mayor's breakfast speech, LFP, Jan. 22
Mayor Joe should have been a song-and-dance man, LFP, Jan. 22
ANOTHER PRICELESS FONTANA BRAIN-WAVE®: Mayor JoFo and his cronies set to enter the news (propaganda) business
THERE'S GOOD NEWS TODAY: The crack City Hall News® team hard at it concocting schemes to get the doomed Fontana 8 re-elected. "Listen, men. Mayor Joe and his cronies on council have cratered in the polls. Our job ~ impossible as it seems ~ is to give them a much-needed bounce. The land development industry is counting on us to get the job done. If we're successful, we'll all be farting through silk underwear."
THIS JUST IN, JAN. 22: Mayor Joe Fontana revealed in his speech this morning at the London Convention Centre that a new online newspaper of some sort will be published in about a month from 300 Dufferin Avenue, called the "City Hall News®."
FONTANA: “Starting in a month we are going to give good news a chance in this city, and we are going to launch City Hall News®, where the mayor and city council and our partners and our management can talk to you directly and tell you how good this city is and what we are doing.”
It seems the Fontana 8 are tired of the reporting of the unvarnished truth from local media outlets so they're looking to polish up the ol' apple in order to convince Londoners they're doing an outstanding job. Shurely shome mishtake!
I for one can hardly wait to see this cheerleading drivel. This one should be fun. More hilarious fodder for the city hall grist mill. Who knows, maybe Jim (Voice of London®) Chapman will be involved with this little project too.
Predicted first headline in JoFo's new "City Hall News®": Why I waved around a chicken diaper during a council meeting by Ward 4 Coun. Steve (Swag Boy®) Orser.
LONDON CITY HALL AND ENVIRONS
's 2013 State-of-the-City Address at the London Convention Centre
VIDEO: Watch JoFo's speech Tuesday morning (June 22) caught on video from the London Convention Centre at 8:15 am HERE
Points that should be covered by Mayor Joe Fontana during this morning's (Jan. 22) annual State-of-the-City Address at the London Convention Centre:
1. Why he refuses to step aside pending the resolution of his three money-related criminal charges (his next court date is Feb. 26);
2. Why he still heads up a reportedly sham multi-million-dollar charity purporting to help disadvantaged children;
3. Why he wants to fast-track Fincore Canada's development application for publicly owned South Street lands when Fincore Canada is headed up by his close friend Loredana Onesan who also sits on the board of his sham charity;
4. Why he'd like to sell London Hydro from under us and give away our publicly owned city hall, civic square etc. for a measly $2 when this asset is worth many millions;
5. Why he told 6,000 Western frosh that studying was "bullshit" and to call him whenever they were having a party ~ six months after the St. Patrick's Day Riot near Fanshawe College;
6. Why he orders pricey wine on his City of London credit card and also gave a CTV-London News reporter a chocolate-covered fruit basket on our dime. Isn't the $250-K he's currently receiving annually in public money enough?
7. Why he wants to impose an economic-development levy on Londoners when he's purportedly committed to 0% tax increases.